Facial massage is the new thing! Everyone is obsessed with how just a simple tool improves how our skin looks & feel. Jade rollers are getting all the hype and I personally have been one of the people who was thinking what will rolling my face do?!! I tried it in the name of research & now I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT IT! I started with jade roller and now I use rose quartz roller as well. Here are some points for you about what rollers are and list of their benefits.
Benefits of Rolling
- Tone up facial muscles
- Stimulate detoxification by lymphatic drainage
- Aid absorption of your skin care
- Reduction of under-eye puffiness & dark circles
- Improve feeling firmer, smoother skin
- Improve appearance of clearer skin
- improve blood circulation and skin tone
- improve elasticity of the skin
- promote lymphatic drainage
- reduce puffiness and wrinkles
- the jade roller can also tighten pores since the jade remains cold even when in direct contact with the skin
Jade is a stone that remains cold even when in contacts with skin. It helps close the pores and tighten the skin. Jade is symbol of beauty, grace and longevity in Chinese culture. It was used to smooth the wrinkles & the rolling tone up the muscles and increase circulation.
Rose Quartz Rollers
Rose Quartz comes from the Egyption culture which is known as the Love Stone for it’s strong vibrations of unconditional love, tenderness, joy warmth and healing. Rose quartz is packed full of minerals, including silicium, magnesium, iron, sodium and oxygen. It has an amazing ability to reduce inflammation and support the renewal of skin cells plus heals and rejuvenates. Rose quartz facial rollers are also good for the heart and circulation, bringing oxygen to skin which improves tone, luster and glow.
Which one is better?
I SAY BOTH! They are very inexpensive and they both work great! I started with jade roller and now, after studying crystals and learning about them, I purchased rose quarts!
When am I using them?
I use jade rollers in the mornings. I need 20-30 min me time every morning! I si on my coffee in my cozy robe & either read a magazine or catch up on my fav shows & roll away…It is the best feeling…when you start you can’t stop!!! I keep my jade roller in refrigerator for extra deputing properties & honestly to wake me up too! Since I do jade roller in the morning I love using it with a serum.
Nighttime I use rose quarts roller because i curly believe in its power of spreading love and it feels coming before bed! I keep the rose quarts roller by my bed and after finishing my skin care I give it 10-20 min and then right before I fall sleep I roll for few minutes. some nights I only cleanse my face and then apply a overnight oil & use my jade roller.
How to Roll?
- Apply a serum or mask all over face and decollete.
- With your roller in hand, start at the chin, using outward and upward motions towards ears(where there is a lymphatic drainage point), doing about 3-10 up-and-out passes per area. Use the small roller for around your eyes, using outward motions towards your ears. Once your face has been rolled, make motions from under your chin down your neck to your collarbone(another lymphatic drainage point), paying close attention to the area from ear to neck. After rolling your entire face, forehead, neck and decollette, you’ll see that your skin is brighter and your fine lines are smoothed out
- Continue for about two minutes or as long as you desire. It will feel relaxing, soothing, and cooling.
- If you applied a clear serum or moisturizer, this is where you’ll see your face start to flush. This is also good—it means you’re increasing the circulation to your face and helping with cell rebuilding, collagen boosting, and lymphatic drainage.
- Pat your face clean followed by a serum or moisturizer. If you started with serum or moisturizer, the product has been pushed deeply into your skin during rolling. Slather on some more.
- You can roll every day, morning and night for best results.
May 29, 2018