I recently shared the peonies I purchased from trader Joe’s & got so many messages that they don’t last or they didn’t bloom. However mine bloomed perfectly. I’m not the best at keeping plants alive but I absolutely adore flowers & I always take care of them so they last longer. Here are few tips on how to care for your flowers to bloom & stay longer.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight. The light is amazing for flowers but not direct sunlight.
- Keep the room at a reasonable temperature. too much heat can kill the flowers.
- Change water every day. don’t let the water became cloudy.
- Remove the dead leaves or petals
- Don’t keep flowers in plastic wraps.
- Clean the vase every time you change the water
- Cut steams diagonally ( after changing water cut steams a bit too)
- Add few ice cubs
- Not a fan of flower food. They make the water cloudy and every time I use those my flowers die sooner. (bloom fast but die fast too)
- Add cold Sprite ( 2-3 oz) for bloom.